Deep Stretch/Restorative Flow Yoga ~
(Restorative Flow Teacher Training available)
Deep Stretch has no pre-requisite skill level. Shucks, you don’t even need a super bendy body to rock this class. We do, however, insist that you stock pile tension in your shoulders, hamstrings, neck and heart. What can we say?…we love a challenge.
We aren’t above using any means necessary to soften the steel cables masquerading as muscle fiber. Come ready for innovative instruction and often wicked use of props. Expect to rinse the residue of life’s daily grit from your mind. Luxuriate in yoga that lengthens not only your muscles but possibly your life span. Let us make a fuss over you with individualized attention — we watch your alignment and modify poses to suit your stretch threshold. Be forewarned: some assembly is required. In deep stretch, we safely, intelligently and most assuredly go deep. We marinate in poses longer. (description written by Nicole Payseur)
WEDNESDAY 6:00 PM @ the OmBalance Home Studio
Developed by Donna Belk, Austin TX
Restorative Flow is a luxurious yoga practice with movements that are slow, gentle, repetitive and rocking to create a class that is deeply nourishing.
Yoga students who will benefit from this type of practice are:
- those who want to deeply relax and de-stress
- those wanting a contemplative practice
- those with chronic illnesses such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, arthritis and are looking for ways to exercise in a safe manner
- those with limited range of motion
- those who want to develop their awareness of subtle energy or prana
Restorative Flow classes differ from “restorative poses” in that the class is a gentle flow from one relaxing posture into the next. There is no stopping to gather props, to situate yourself in a pose, or to have the help of another person to position you in the pose. One pose flows seamlessly into the next in a relaxing continuum.
For a Restorative Flow class you need only a mat and one blanket. This makes it easy for yoga teachers who go from one site to the next to teach their classes to offer this style without having to supply lots of blankets, blocks, etc.
This style is excellent for
- people who want to incorporate self-healing into their lifestyle
- yoga teachers who want to add a specialty to their yoga class offerings
- teachers wanting to incorporate parts of Restorative Flow into their regular hatha yoga classes